Sunday, February 3, 2013

Kindergarten Lesson Plan

Tomorrow starts a new rotation in my classroom. This rotation my Kindergarten students are working with percussion instruments. We will review rhythm sticks and introduce shakers! We sit in a circle and describe the instrument. Then I demonstrate how we use each instrument then explain to them that they will get to "copy cat" what I do. If they choose to play their instrument without "copy catting" me they will have to return their instrument to me. The students love the idea that they get to copy what I do. Then we talk about the word repeat. I tell them it is a part of music vocabulary. I show them a repeat sign and use it as a flash card to get them to wait and repeat the rhythm I play. There is a great book that has wonderful songs and stories that the students have to use their instruments to participate. I will post the link to the book tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment